pef vs dng

Tom C cakaltm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:42:48 EDT 2009

I've got 4 PC's wih images on hard drives that I want to get off and
archive.  The time involved will be substantial.  One of them, will
probably have to have the hard drive recovered.  Will I remember to do
it before it's too late? Much of what's on them is scanned from
transparencies and I have them, so I'm not totally worried  except
that rescanning wouldn't be fun.

Most of my images from the last 3 years are backed up on two different
external hard drives, but I really should burn them to DVD's as well.

Reminds me I have about 50 slides I absconded with from my Dad that he
took before I was born when he was in the Navy in Spain, Monaco,
Italy. I really need to scan them for viewing and/or printing.

Tom