Coming to Chicago for PDML Exhibit

Christine Aguila caguila at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 7 20:11:02 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone:

Work has me so busy I haven't been able to keep up with PDML, but I've got a
bit of a free window here to pose some possibilities, so here goes:

1)  I know it might be too early for a solid  commit, but is it possible for
folks to respond to the list stating they are "seriously considering
coming."  If I could get some idea of who *might* be coming, I might be able
to help with places to stay.  For example, my parents have a back yard, so
if some folks were on a budget, maybe they'd be willing bring a tent and
billet in my parents' backyard--though I do have to ask my parents about
this :-), but I don't think it will be that much of a problem--I hope.
Also, if I can get my living room cleared of book piles, I could purchase
another large air mattresses  (Darrel & I slept on one at GFM, and they are
really comfortable.)  We have 1, which could be put to use, and I'd be
willing to get another one.  Anyway, if you post back, I'll start a list of
those folks "seriously considering coming," and I'll try to help out.

2) In a week or so, I'll post a list of hotels/motels folks might consider
staying at.  I promise to be budget-aware when compiling the list.

3) Awhile back I suggested the following:  Folks fly in Thurs or Friday;
attend exhibit opening reception Fri night; Photowalk all day Sat with pizza
party/dinner Sat night;  How does this sound to folks?  The bigger problem
will be choosing a photowalk spot or (spots)  lol--so many possibilities.
If you want to offer suggestions please do.  I'm going to do some serious
thinking on this and post some possibilities soon.

Anyway that's a start.  I hope it helps.
Cheers, Christine