PESO - Still Life on Queen West

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 7 18:35:02 EDT 2009

From: "P. J. Alling"
> frank theriault wrote:

>> > There are those who don't think that Tim's makes very good coffee.
>> >
>> > I'll drink it in a pinch, but I have to admit, it's pretty ordinary.
>> > As for their donuts, they ain't what they used to be (frozen dough
>> > shipped from a central location and thawed by local franchises rather
>> > than more-or-less fresh made as before).
>> >
>> > cheers,
>> > frank
>> >
> Could be worse, Dunkun used to make their donuts locally from mix, now
> they're made in central locations and shipped in.  So every Dunkun Donut
> is day old now.

Ah, but the Krispy Kreme up the street from my house still makes theirs
on site.

And the coffee is pretty good too, if all you want in your coffee is
coffee. Which I do.

I don't eat many of them any more, trying to control my weight, but when
I do, it's about a 1-1/2 mile walk up there, and if I limit myself to
two, I can burn some of the calories off walking back.