PESO: One more Barracuda

paul stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 13:54:13 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 1:43 PM, John Francis wrote:

>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9872980&size=lg
>
> Great shot - I can see why you like it!
>
> Apart from the equipment mentioned above, were you using anything
> else?

No, that's it. The day was overcast, perhaps a bit too overcast, but
that's better than hard sun. I shoot a lot from very low angles. I
think this one was from about 18 inches off the ground. I also shoot
some from the second or third step of a ladder. I've found that eye
level shots tend to be the most boring. We've all seen too much of that.

> Basically I'm trolling for tips on how to best show off a car; I ran
> into my car-owning accquaintance the other day and mentioned I was
> interested in coming out to shoot his stable.  Apparently he'd been
> thinking along those lines, too, so it will almost certainly happen.
>
> He's got an impressive lineup; apart from the Ferrari F360 and the
> Lamborgini he recently picked up a new toy - a Bugatti Veyron!
> There's also a Viper roadster, and I'm sure one or two others.
> I don't know whether he's got a Tesla.
>
> I don't have either the K-7 or 60-250 yet, but I'm sure the K10D
> and the trusty FA* 80-200 will suffice.

Some great cars. I believe the Bugatti Veyron is the most expensive
new car on the planet. Definitely want to get as low as possible for
some 3/4 and 7/8 front and rear shots of that one. Should be fun. And
the 80-200 should be perfect. Shoot a lot at 200, and open up as much
as you can while still keeping everything in focus. I've found I can
usually go to f8 for 3/4 or 7/8th shots and f4 for profiles.

Paul