PESO: One more Barracuda

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Wed Oct 7 13:43:02 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 11:52:53AM -0400, P N Stenquist wrote:
> Shipping a big order of photos to the owner of this car today. I took a
> clue from the way Ilford ships Fiber Gold paper and packed the pics in a
> paper box, then packed th paper box in a well-padded larger box. Should
> be protected from anything short of drowning.
>
> This is my favorite shot of the car, a 1970 Hemi Barracuda that's worth
> around  half a million US.
> .
> K7 and DA* 60-250, 170mm, circular polarizer, ISO 200, f4 @ 1/ 80th,
> +0.7 stop exposure comp:
>
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9872980&size=lg

Great shot - I can see why you like it!

Apart from the equipment mentioned above, were you using anything else?
Basically I'm trolling for tips on how to best show off a car; I ran
into my car-owning accquaintance the other day and mentioned I was
interested in coming out to shoot his stable.  Apparently he'd been
thinking along those lines, too, so it will almost certainly happen.

He's got an impressive lineup; apart from the Ferrari F360 and the
Lamborgini he recently picked up a new toy - a Bugatti Veyron!
There's also a Viper roadster, and I'm sure one or two others.
I don't know whether he's got a Tesla.

I don't have either the K-7 or 60-250 yet, but I'm sure the K10D
and the trusty FA* 80-200 will suffice.