The BS of Digital Photography

paul stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 13:42:06 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 1:29 PM, Ken Waller wrote:

> Coming from 35 years or so of slide film only exposures, my approach
> is similar - the more you get right in the camera the less time you
> spend on the computer.
>
> Most of the pros I know do the same, they don't want to spend any
> more time than absolutely necessary on the computer.

It only makes sense to work that way, and it's not just a matter of
time. Some changes in post lead to less than happy results. For
example, correcting underexposure will usually increase shadow noise.
Incorrect white balance can only be readjusted to perfection if you
have a pure grey or white area in the shot that is correctly lit.

Paul