The BS of Digital Photography

J.C. O'Connell hifisapi at
Wed Oct 7 07:53:47 EDT 2009

whats needed is a sensor/firmware that can acutally RECORD
a greater dynamic range, not try to "guess" what to
do with a limited dynamic range.

J.C. O'Connell (mailto:hifisapi at
Join the CD PLAYER & DISC Discussions :

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-bounces at [mailto:pdml-bounces at] On Behalf Of
Desjardins, Steve
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:48 AM
To: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Subject: RE: The BS of Digital Photography

I think the "Next Big Thing" will be the sensor/firmware correcting for
pieces of the image.  Lightening up shadows, dimming highlights, etc.
You could bracket and combine or simply make each individual photodiode
smarter.  You could adjust it do anything you want, but the sensor would
always adjust each piece for maximum detail.   Of course, they are
already thinking about/making stuff like this.