Anyone have a utility to recover Corrupted PEF files?

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 23:21:20 EDT 2009

This is absolutely weird.   I can view it in Pentax Photo browser, with
Ifranview or as a thumbnail using the Windows PEF Codec.  I get a CRC
failure when I attempt to copy the files. I haven't seen a file fail
with CRC failure for years.  Especially one that can be read by /any/
program at all.  I've run a file structure and hardware diagnostic on
the drive and there are no reported problems.  So I have data files that
cannot be backed up with the standard copy utility.