The BS of Digital Photography

Doug Franklin jehosephat at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 6 23:00:37 EDT 2009

Jaume Lahuerta wrote:

> That's exactly what I feel when I try raw and open it on
> whatever editing program (that tend to be very slow to
> operate BTW). I can change so many things that I get paralyzed.

I started that way.  I quickly came to the realization that if I get it
right in the camera, I can save myself boatloads of post processing
time.  So, for purely selfish motivations, I work a lot harder at
getting it right at capture time, and I wantonly discard anything that
doesn't measure up in post.  My post time these days mostly boils down
to (a) wantonly discarding followed by (b) batch processing to make web
and print masters.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)