The BS of Digital Photography

Eactivist at Eactivist at
Tue Oct 6 22:08:35 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/6/2009 7:06:19 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
johnf at writes:
> There are few perfect  shots; almost anything can be processed in some way
> depending on your  tastes.  Most problems were much harder to fix with
film . . .

An  example:  This is a shot I took out of the window shortly after  taking
off from San Francisco.

With slides (and, pretty much, even  with negative film) that's what you'd
end up with.  But with digital  image processing it's easy to get this:

(That's done by simply clicking on the  "Auto Levels" button in Elements).

That's one reason why I switched to  digital image processing even when I
was still shooting film.  That  still had dust spot problems, of course,
and scratches, and ... but DSLRs got  rid of almost all of that.

Right on. Lovely photograph,  too, BTW.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

created them. Albert  Einstein