The BS of Digital Photography

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Tue Oct 6 22:08:35 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/6/2009 7:06:19 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
johnf at panix.com writes:
> There are few perfect  shots; almost anything can be processed in some way
> depending on your  tastes.  Most problems were much harder to fix with
film . . .

An  example:  This is a shot I took out of the window shortly after  taking
off from San Francisco.

http://www.jfwaf.com/temp/SF1.jpg

With slides (and, pretty much, even  with negative film) that's what you'd
end up with.  But with digital  image processing it's easy to get this:

http://www.jfwaf.com/temp/SF2.jpg

(That's done by simply clicking on the  "Auto Levels" button in Elements).

That's one reason why I switched to  digital image processing even when I
was still shooting film.  That  still had dust spot problems, of course,
and scratches, and ... but DSLRs got  rid of almost all of that.

========
Right on. Lovely photograph,  too, BTW.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)