pef vs dng

Fernando fer.pdml at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 21:24:02 EDT 2009

~quick delurking~

AFAIK you cannot convert .DNG to .PEF but you can always do the
opposite; some raw converters out there don't read .DNG -Capture One
comes to mind- If you don't like to restrict your options when it
comes to processing your files, .PEF is better.

I'm biased, Capture One is my first option when it comes to processing
raw, I think I can extract more details and better noise control
without fiddling too much, but if I change my mind in the future and
go full Lightroom, just need to convert everything to DNG

http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/rawconverters/pages/details.htm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferand/