The BS of Digital Photography

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Tue Oct 6 18:29:53 EDT 2009

> My approach to digital has become "How I learned to stop
> worrying and love jpegs."

You can stop worrying and love raw too, if you want. I rarely use any of the
fancy options on my cameras (those that have fancy options). I use them in
much the same way as I used to use simple film cameras like the MX, just
setting the shutter speed or aperture, or shooting full auto or aperture
priority.

I shoot raw, so I do have to post-process, but because I'm colour-blind I
keep the post-processing down to contrast adjustments, mainly just trying to
get a decent tone curve, and some cropping and horizon levelling. It's quick
and easy.

Bob