turning my 50mm macro into a 100mm macro

mike wilson m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 6 16:46:47 EDT 2009

Adam Maas wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:56 AM, mike wilson <m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>---- Adam Maas <adam at mawz.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>Only problem with the Tamron SP 90 is that you need a 1:1 adapter or
>>>2x SP TC to get 1:1. Otherwise it's a superb lens as both a macro and
>>>a short tele. I'm rather fond of mine.
>>>
>>>-Adam
>>
>>Only the older, adaptall, f2.5.  The later, f2.8, autofocus version goes to 1:1.
>>

> To be exact, the f2.5 in Adaptall-2 or AF versions goes to 1:2, the
> f2.8 in Adaptall-2 and AF versions goes to 1:1 (yes, both exist in AD2
> and AF forms, but the f2.5 AF is rare and the f2.8 in AD2 is extremely
> rare). We were talking about the f2.5 version here.

This has been chewing at me for about a week.  I knew the 2.8 was
available manual focus - but not, afaik, ADII.  Plenty of pictures out
there of alleged ADII lenses but they all seem to be ordinary mounts to
me.  But then ....
http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/a2-lens/72b.htm  The last of the ADII
lenses (1996) by the look of it.

The 2.5 AF?  Never heard of, never mind seen, it.  But now I have.
http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/af-lens/52e.htm