Fleet Week 2009

John Celio ntax at neovenator.com
Tue Oct 6 15:39:14 EDT 2009

> Fleet Week and the Blue Angels are returning to San Francisco this
> coming weekend. Can those who have photographed this event here in
> the past (John Celio? J McAllister?) share the locations you used?

I shoot from next to the small building here:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=109314549091145708161.00043bf1e4baf9fc8cb8c&ll=37.808254,-122.427655&spn=0.00192,0.003449&t=h&z=18
If you're really dedicated you can climb on top of it.

It seems to be high enough to avoid most boat masts.  You can have my
spot as I probably won't be going this year.  Keep an eye on your stuff
though: last year my headlight and speedometer were stolen right off my
bicycle, and it was barely three feet from me.

John