The BS of Digital Photography

paul stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 13:44:08 EDT 2009

> Graydon asked:
>
> Is there a widespread sense that you're stuck actually processing all
> the raw images, or at least firing up the full converter
> application, to
> get some sense of what your pictures might look like?

No, not at all. After five years of shooting RAW, I know exactly what
I have based on the LCD display. You get a more accurate preview of a
RAW image if yu draw down your jpeg parameters as mentioned here
earlier. In fact, for most shoots, I only look at the LCD image of one
or two exposures and the corresponding histogram. Then I just get down
to work. The consistent exposures of the K7D are particularly valuable
in this regard.

Paul