The BS of Digital Photography

Jaume Lahuerta jlahuer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 12:34:00 EDT 2009

----- Mensaje original ----

> De: "Desjardins, Steve" <DesJardinS at wlu.edu>
>
> I think this is the essence of the problem.  Since we can adjust so much, we
> feel the need, even an obligation to do.  I've just stopped.  I post process if
> the picture is bad, otherwise I leave it as is.  Jpegs are film.  If it really
> bothered me, I'd shoot one of each (jpeg and raw) and keep the raw files for a
> rainy day.
>
> My approach to digital has become "How I learned to stop worrying and love
> jpegs."

That's exactly what I feel when I try raw and open it on whatever editing program (that tend to be very slow to operate BTW). I can change so many things that I get paralyzed.

I assume that within some time I would discover the workflow that best suits my needs. Unfortunately, having two small kids I can hardly keep up with taking some pictures from time to time...

Regards,
Jaume