The BS of Digital Photography

Steve Sharpe dx-3 at eastlink.ca
Tue Oct 6 11:48:49 EDT 2009

At 9:50 AM +0100 10/6/09, Malcolm Smith wrote:
>  > Tom C wrote:
>
>>  Certainly!  Whenever I attempt to venture back to film, I can't seem
>>  to seriously do it (regardless of how much I enjoy the smell of a
>>  freshly open film canster).
>
>How interesting. I don't feel anywhere near as confident with a digital
>camera as I do with film and I suspect in part this is why it remains in the
>camera bag; a film camera or digital camera is as much a choice as a lens.

My problem with digital is that it offers too many choices, variables
and options. Most of the time I just want to take the picture, not
fiddle with ISO, white balance, contrast settings, etc. etc. With
film, once you've loaded the speed of film you want, your only
choices are aperture and shutter speed, and you have to live with
them.

I know this is an oversimplification, but you get my drift.

--

Steve Sharpe
dx-3 at eastlink.cahttp://earth.delith.com/photo_gallery.html