GESO - Aikido belt tests

Larry Colen lrc at
Tue Oct 6 03:24:04 EDT 2009

After a bit of a hiatus, I returned to the dojo tonight. It turns out
that there were belt tests tonight. I asked the sensei and he said
that I should indeed get photos. I shot the first set with the 31/1.8
and it was a bit wider than optimal. Fortunately I haven't sent the
50/1.4 in for repair yet, because it ended up being just about right.

This set is of Rebecca. It turns out that I studied aikido with her
father about 25 years ago. As of tonight, she is now the same belt I
am (sankyu). I'm afraid there have been quite a few multi-year
hiatuses in my training.

The collection of all the sets is at:

Despite a bit of blurriness, this is probably the best shot of the

Larry Colen             lrc at