pentax photo gallery

Doug Franklin jehosephat at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 5 18:36:07 EDT 2009

Mark Roberts wrote:

> I find it very helpful to my growth as a photographer to shoot photos
> with the goal of meeting *someone else's* idea of a good shot, rather
> than my own, occasionally.

I can't agree with that, since you can't know up front what qualities of
a photo will help or hurt its chances of acceptance to the PPG.  You
don't and can't know what "they" will consider a good or bad shot, other
than by reviewing what has been accepted in the past.  And that's iffy
at best, since the jury for each photo is different.  Plus, the last
time I wandered around in the PPG, a year or so ago, I mostly felt like
I was wandering about in a hall of mirrors, the photos fell into so few
genres.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)