pef vs dng

Matthew Montgomery matthew at electricjunk.com
Mon Oct 5 12:32:26 EDT 2009

At least with my K10D, I found that the lens metadata wasn't retained
when shooting DNG in-camera. This is a big deal for me as I like to
view what images I have taken with what lens. What I do is shoot PEF
and import into Lightroom as compressed DNGs. I am quite happy with
this arrangement as the lens metadata is retained and available for
filtering.

I've no idea if this has been changed in more recent cameras. I shoot
with a K20D now but have never reverified this behavior.

--
Matthew Montgomery
matthew at electricjunk.com