GESO - Rust and Waves

Tim Øsleby maritimtim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:06:41 EDT 2009

2009/10/5 frank theriault <knarftheriault at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Tim Øsleby <maritimtim at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've made a new blog entry.
>> http://maritimtim.blogspot.com/2009/10/brustne-blger-seljetur-med-fotoklubben.html
>>
>> This was the second day of the outing with the photo club.
>> I think some of you PDMLers will appreciate some of these. If you
>> don't, please let me know why.
>>
>> Please feel free to comment, here or even better, in the blog.
>>
>> (How cool is that, a blog with international comments, I'm very into
>> coolness these days).
>>
>> The guy siting smoking is Kjell Ørjan. He was the one who was
>> responsible for me being on the boat that sank. Despite this, he is my
>> friend, so be nice to him :-)
>>
>> --
>> MaritimTim
>
> I'll comment both places, and tell you that I really like this
> collection of photos.  #2, 3, 6 and HiLife are my favourites.
>
> cheers,
> frank

I'm intersted in Nigerian music, Fela Kuti, Ginger Baker, Tony Allen,
King Sunny Ade and such.
The first attemts of creating these styles where named HighLife music.
HighLife was considered as sophisticated (western influenced) music.

That's probably why HiLife caught my attention.
Once sophisticated, now rusty.

--
MaritimTim

http://maritimtim.blogspot.com/