PESO: Anja

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Mon Oct 5 07:31:52 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/5/2009 2:12:25 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com writes:
> There really was  an Alice, and she was underage when Dodgson
> photographed her and wrote  his masterwork. Over the years, there has
> been some controversy  regarding his behavior and intentions.

There is no age of consent for  photographic modelling.  Until 1875, the
age of consent for sexual activity  in the UK was 12.  Dodgson was
photographing from about 1850 to 1880.   At the time, child nudity was perceived as an
expression of innocence and was  even featured on Christmas cards.

============
Did he take  pictures of her nude? I googled and didn't come up with that.

This is  getting rather far afield from Luka's photo. But some men do
sexually abuse  under age children (and some women do too). And they don't wear
big labels on  themselves declaring who they are. In other words, there are
pedophiles in the  world, it's just a fact of life, and they do ruin
children's lives. So it is of  concern and not something to be brushed off.
Sometimes thinking something hinky  is going on is the right conclusion to reach. (I
am still unsure about Michael  Jackson, for instance. OTOH, his whole
behavior was strange.)

Marnie aka  Doe