OT: 6-minute mile

Subash pdml.live at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 04:37:48 EDT 2009

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 08:59:18 +0100
"Bob W" <pdml at web-options.com> wrote:

> You have to be careful not to do too much too soon. I don't know how
> old you are, but for gentlemen of a certain age one has to crank it
> up steadily. I've been jogging for just under 4 years now. In the

i would probably come under 'men of a certain age'. :) will turn 47 in
december...

> first year I built up fairly quickly to running 5 miles in each
> session, which took 55 minutes. But after a few weeks I was getting
> so much trouble in my ankles and knees that I scaled it right back to
> give my joints time to strengthen gradually.

we have an informal running group Bob, where guys do consult sports
doctors and the like. i started in april with 2-3 km and by may-end
just about managed complete a 10-km run. been careful not to push
myself too hard too fast. from may, been doing only around 10km,
roughly thrice a week. so far so good. doing a half marathon in
november and again in feb. fingers crossed. hopefully i can spare
myself the fate of having to hobble around in my old age... :)