OT: 6-minute mile

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Sun Oct 4 03:59:18 EDT 2009

> it works out to a little more than 10.9 km/h average speed
> and a pace of around 5.30 minutes per km. that's pretty good.
> :) i still run 10km every alternate day and a couple of days
> back had my best timing so far:
> 1.07.05 (was 1.26 in may when i first started running)

That's quite an improvement!

You have to be careful not to do too much too soon. I don't know how old you
are, but for gentlemen of a certain age one has to crank it up steadily.
I've been jogging for just under 4 years now. In the first year I built up
fairly quickly to running 5 miles in each session, which took 55 minutes.
But after a few weeks I was getting so much trouble in my ankles and knees
that I scaled it right back to give my joints time to strengthen gradually.

You can do some serious damage if you're not careful, especially jogging on
paved surfaces as I'm obliged to do.

Bob