I dreamt of the FF Pentax last night...

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Sat Oct 3 22:07:06 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 09:23:37PM -0400, Graydon wrote:

> Some marketing genius at Hoya has noticed that 15% or so of humanity are
> left handed, and that for a serious lefty, using a DSLR is
> nigh-impossible due to the relatively extreme right-hand biases in the
> control layout?

Nope - we just learn to adapt.  After all, we're used to having to do that
in a right-handed world. In any case, for a photographer left-handedness
is far less of a problem than being left-eyed; that leads to at best nose
smears on the LCD screen, and at worst nose-pressing buttons on the back
(I keep shifting the focus point on my K10D).

I'm pretty strongly left-handed; the only other thing I've learned is to be
ambidextrous when it comes to computer mice; switching hands occasionally
is a good way to avoid RSI, and it also means I can use a random computer
(such as at trade shows) without too many problems.