I dreamt of the FF Pentax last night...

Brendan MacRae brendanmacrae1969 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 19:57:27 EDT 2009

I figured I'd post this since I've had precognitive dreams at least twice before, so who knows?

I had a dream where I was working for a huge company part of which was a design firm. One of the ladies there had a job come in where she was sent some artwork of a new Pentax camera. I peeked over her shoulder and started to take notes. Here's what I can remember:

- The body is much larger than any current DSLR by Pentax. It also has a slanted top panel similar to the MZ-S film camera.
- There is no built-in flash, IIRC.
- The body is all one unit, no add'l battery grip!
- There is a grip on the left side of the camera as opposed to the right side on current models (yeah, I know, it makes no sense...remember it was a dream!)
- The skin of the camera was very different than current models. It looked almost like a sprayed on armor.
- The prism hump was not very prominent, but rather flat.

Ok, so, I also remember something about a slow top frame rate, like 3 or 3.5FPS. But, the camera had a new autofocus system, ISO from 10-5000 (again, a dream people!) and a top shutter speed of 1/8000 sec.

There you have it.

-Brendan