OT: Quote of the day

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sat Oct 3 14:13:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 09:30:21PM -0700, Joseph McAllister wrote:
> You guys sure keep me busy. Can't you do anything on your own?   :-)
>
> http://www.csgnetwork.com/cubitscnv.html
>
> Try this and take your pick!

A friend once commented about a metric assload of stuff, and then
pointed out that a metric assload is 1.6 American assloads.

Back in college, I lived in one of those interesting college
households. As we were not rich, and it doesn't get all *that* cold in
Davis CA, we chose not to heat the house in winter. This led to some
debates whether it was f*cking cold or merely damn cold.

One day I took some masking tape and a pen and recalibrated the
thermometer on the unused thermastat to something like:

GDMFH MFH FH GDH DH H W C DC GDC FC MFC GDMFC

The next morning when the inevtible debate on whether it was f*cking
cold or merely godamned cold occured, I made a point of checking the
thermometer and observed that it was merely damned cold.