PESO - By the Drake Hotel

Graydon oak at uniserve.com
Sat Oct 3 14:06:12 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 01:54:48PM -0400, frank theriault scripsit:
[snip]
> Also, does this look too dark to you?  I really can't tell having
> rendered this on an uncalibrated laptop screen.
[snip]
> http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/by-drake-hotel.html

It does not appear dark on my monitor, but I note looking at a histogram
of the JPEG that there's essentially nothing above 230 in the 0-255
distribution of values, and that there's a big pileup along the 0 edge.
The median value is bang on 128, though.

So you can either argue that it's perfectly balanced or that it's
dark, depending on your preferences.

Given how it looks to me, I think you're in better case to argue for
perfectly balanced than dark; there's a lot of essentially lightless
space in an overall dim scene with some large white expanses.

-- Graydon