DPR review of K-7

Tim Øsleby maritimtim at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:03:45 EDT 2009

2009/10/3 Subash <pdml.live at gmail.com>:

> pentax is officially 'semi-pro' now... :)
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk7/
>
> gets a 'highly recommended'
>

> <quote>
>
> The final word
>
> The Pentax K-7 manages to combine superb build quality, comprehensive
> customization options, excellent ergonomics and an extensive feature
> set with (for a camera in this class) very compact dimensions. This
> makes it a more than viable alternative for those (but not only for
> those) who like to work with semi-pro equipment that still leaves some
> space in the gear bag. JPEG output at high sensitivities is not quite
> on the same level as some of the competitors but if you revert to
> shooting RAW things are pretty much evened out.
>
> </quote>
>
> --

Temptations temptations.

I'm pretty happy with my K20D. In most situations it gets the job
done, and the output is very good when exposure and WB is right.
But I sure could find use for the higher frame rate and better AF. I
loose some shots because of this limitations. And some shots are bad,
because of exposure and WB problems. Fever than those who are bad
because I am a lousy photographer, but still some :-)
I can even see myself using the video mode. Partly for making videos,
partly for talking to the camera instead of taking notes the old
fashioned way by pencil and paper.
The smaller package and more solid build is another reason for
upgrading. Did I mention that I'm tempted?

The problem is that K20D basically still gets the job done. Hmmm.

How about convincing myself that I need a backup camera :-)
Most likely I will stay at the fence until the prizes goes down. So
far I can't justify it at the current level.

--
MaritimTim

http://maritimtim.blogspot.com/