Pentax K-x

Bong Manayon bongmanayon at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 09:13:13 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Miserere <miserere at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very cool!
>
> Did you try out the ISO 12,800? How would you compare the IQ to the
> K-7? I have a feeling Sony sensors are better than Samsung sensors,
> and the K-x vs the K-7 is reminiscent of the K100D vs K10D: lower MP
> count, but better high-ISO performance (and higher ISO available) went
> to the K100D.

It feels more like the *istD vs. *istDS where the 'lesser' model
somewhat improves on the 'higher' model.  I did not get to try the
ISO12.8k (out of sight out of mind...the camera was defaulted to 6400
when I was scrolling through the ISO range...I had the 'aw shucks'
moment after...) but I would tend to agree with the K-x' sensor being
better than the K-7s' although I could not quantify that at the
moment.  Not exactly for pixel peepers but here is the same scene
taken by my son with a K-7 and myself with the K-x:

K-7 >
http://www.flickr.com/photos/khalil710/3972119810/

K-x >
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bongmanayon/3970880330/