turning my 50mm macro into a 100mm macro

Adam Maas adam at mawz.ca
Sat Oct 3 08:32:54 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:56 AM, mike wilson <m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> ---- Adam Maas <adam at mawz.ca> wrote:
>> Only problem with the Tamron SP 90 is that you need a 1:1 adapter or
>> 2x SP TC to get 1:1. Otherwise it's a superb lens as both a macro and
>> a short tele. I'm rather fond of mine.
>> -Adam
> Only the older, adaptall, f2.5.  The later, f2.8, autofocus version goes to 1:1.

To be exact, the f2.5 in Adaptall-2 or AF versions goes to 1:2, the
f2.8 in Adaptall-2 and AF versions goes to 1:1 (yes, both exist in AD2
and AF forms, but the f2.5 AF is rare and the f2.8 in AD2 is extremely
rare). We were talking about the f2.5 version here.
M. Adam Maas
Explorations of the City Around Us.