DPR review of K-7

David J Brooks pentkon52 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 08:22:46 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 8:20 AM, paul stenquist <pnstenquist at comcast.net> wrote:
> Nice grades for the K7. I find it interesting that in RAW mode high ISO,
> both the K7 and K20D perform as well as the NIkon D300, with the K20D
> leading the way by a small margin. Jpeg is another story as Canon and Nikon
> apply a lot of in-camera noise reduction, but the results are noticeably
> softer than the Pentax jpegs. Excellent resolution for the K7 as well.
> Paul
I find my D200 jpegs soft, but am happy with my K10D jpegs.
I have recently started to shoot the D200 in Raw, and it makes a world
of difference.
Now, if i could produce flash shots with the K10D = to those i get
from the D200 and or D2H, i would grab a K-7, but its hit and miss so
far, so i'll stick with what i know best. for now.

Dave
--
Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.
www.caughtinmotion.com