DPR review of K-7

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sat Oct 3 07:54:51 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 08:47:49AM +0100, Chris Mitchell wrote:
> > John Francis wrote:
> > >   o K10D owners who passed on the K20 because it wasn't a big
> > upgrade.
> > >     (that probably includes quite a large number of folks, like me,
> > >     who started on digital with a *ist-D, and moved on to a K10D).
> >
> > That would be me all right.
> >
> > Boris
> Me too. That makes at least 3 of us so it looks like they got it right
> (until someone says that a sample of 3 isn't good enough statistically of
> course).

My plan was to wait for the K20 replacement before upgrading my
K100. Last spring, when it became apparent that one wouldn't be out
for quite a while, and meanwhile K20 prices plummetted, I caved in and
got the K20. It addressed almost all of the shortcomings of the K100.

As long as I'm not shooting autoexposure, p-ttl flash, or autofocusing
action shots, the K20 works just fine for me. From what I've heard,
the K-7 is better for both metering and autofocus than the K20.
I'm not quite sure how much better, and until I get steady income
again, I'm probably better off not knowing.