OT - Portus

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Sat Oct 3 05:00:18 EDT 2009

> > Hi gang,
> >
> > Had the privilege of a quick trip to Rome on Tues/Weds this week to
> > film amongst the archaeological excavations at the ancient Roman
> > seaport or Portus. I know Stan the Man is big on antiquity, as are
> > some others - Gianco! -  so thought you might like a look:
> >
> > <http://www.seeingeye.tv/pages/portus.html>
> >
> > Cheers,
> >  Cotty
> >
> A comparison to Stonehenge is made. Does Stonehenge have this?
>
> http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p384884134/h2dac0fb3#h2dac0fb3

When I went to the Stonehenge Festival a few years ago the facilities were
even more communal than that!

There's a communal toilet like that at Segedunum, the fort at the east end
of Hadrian's Wall. It's a reconstruction though.

At the boarding school I went to they had only put doors on the toilet
cubicles about 5 years before I arrived. They'd spent the previous 400 years
fully open to view.

Bob