OT: Quote of the day

Joseph McAllister pentaxian at mac.com
Fri Oct 2 21:32:28 EDT 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 16:43 , steve harley wrote:

> as a test, i believe my email client uses format="Flowed", and i'm
> also enclosing it in angle brackets, so if your receiving email
> program is up to snuff, it has two chances to do the right thing
> with the following URL:
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321580133?ie=UTF8&tag=theonlinephot-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0321580133
> >

> if it's broken, we can probably blame your email client -- most of
> the popular ones mess up URLs and/or long lines sometimes; but maybe
> the listserv or one of the many MTAs en route had a hand in it

The text is flowed as it should be. The URL broke at the hyphen, but
continued as a continous link, and went to a single line if I widened
the window to accomodate it.

Good to know about the angle brackets though. Sometimes I use them,
sometimes not. I thought they were just there to draw attention to a
URL. Glad to know they serve a purpose.

Thanks Steve!

Joseph McAllister
pentaxian at mac.com

“If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn’t need to lug a camera.”
–Lewis Hine