how many (US) national parks have you been to?

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 15:29:52 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/2/2009 8:43:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
annsan at nyc.rr.com writes:
Are any of you guys watching Ken Burns's thing on  the National parks?
I'm liking it more and more
but thought  the first show was the weakest and may have put people off
the  series...

And relative to that, how many National Parks have you been to?
Possibly some from the other side of the Pond
have more on their list  than some of  us who live here...

I checked off  40 of the  reported 58 though I think there might be more
that I visited before they  were made into parks.
(Great Basin, for  one)

ann
http://annsan.smugmug.com
===========
Yes, I am really  enjoying it. Second episode made me cry. :-) I am
watching online rather than TV  and only up to episode 3 (1/2 half through).

Been to lots, both national  monuments and national parks (the show covers
both):  numerous National  Forests, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Bandelier,
Canyon de Chelly, Petrified National  Forest, White Sands, Death Valley, Crater
Lake, Hawaii Volcanoes, Haleakala  National Park, Mesa Verde, etc.
It would be helpful to have a list to check  off.

I am finding the show very interesting, didn't realize it was such a
battle to institute national parks.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)