how many (US) national parks have you been to?

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 2 14:14:11 EDT 2009

From: David J Brooks
> I think i can safely say, none. Unless driving 22 miles on the Blue
> ridge parkway counts. Thank god for the slow speed limits on that
> road. Only time i caught up to Mark on my first trip to GFM.

According to nps.gov FAQ: http://www.nps.gov/blri/faqs.htm

Is the Blue Ridge Parkway a national park?
The National Park Service administers a variety of kinds of areas. Some
of these are "parks", some are called "seashores", some are called
"monuments" or "historic sites", and some are called "parkways." We wear
the same uniform and operate under basically the same rules as
Yellowstone, Gettysburg, or Cape Hatteras. Our agency web site at
http://www.nps.gov will give you the entire list!

So, that's one down and umpteen many to go. ;-D