Pentax World Global Shoot Day Oct 10

Bruce Walker bruce.walker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 08:41:51 EDT 2009

AlunFoto wrote:
> It's a great thing for the people over at PentaxForums.
> Personally I strongly dislike the forum interface so I stay away from there.

And here I thought I was the only one. I can't believe that people put
up with that clunky UI. Every single image I click on results in a wait
of up to 3-4 seconds while stuff whizzes around the page. Lately it's
become completely random: I cannot step through a photog's gallery
because I don't actually get the image I had clicked on after the smoke
clears. Just an exercise in frustration, and life's too short for that.

> Reminds me of a tradition we had with the PUG, to do equinox photos.
> The time window was plus/minus a couple of hours, IIRC. Depending
> somewhat on when the astronomical equinox occurred relative to local
> daylight, we usually got a decent mix of nighttime and daytime shots.
> The interest for doing this thing waned with the general interest for
> the PUG in 2004-2005, iirc.
>
> Jostein

Maybe the interest can be / is being revived?  Sounds like fun!

-bmw