Cokin polarizer delaminated

Chris Stoddart C.Stoddart at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 05:44:12 EDT 2009

Luiz Felipe wrote:
> Just received a piece of no-good news. Unpacked my Cokin set and
> discovered my once lovely polarizer is de-laminating badly. Any clues to
> motive? Did this happen to anyone else??

Yes, this happened to my Cokin-P circular polariser. I'd bought it
secondhand off ebay 'cos I was poor and needed a big filter for Pentax
67 and 35mm ultrawides. Initially it looked perfect but it started
delaminating about a year later. I mailed Cokin and told them - they
asked for the filter back so they could take a look and promptly sent me
a new one in exchange. That one's been fine now for about 5 years or so.

So worth trying Cokin?

Chris