My own Pentax blog.

Pascal De Pauw pascal.de.pauw at telenet.be
Thu Oct 1 16:56:13 EDT 2009

Jostein,

I've used Adobe CameraRaw with de default setting and no automatic
correction. Sharpning was set to 20. So this could affect testresults,
althow this amount of sharping is normal in every day use. All images where
judged with the same settings.
I've tested the setting of sharpening before setting it to 20. And I found
it te be a good point making a fair compare of the resolution. No sharpening
made it a bit more difficult to make repeatable judgement of resolution.
Setting it higher then 30 created artifarcts and would lead to false
conculsions. I found 20 good, and also the sharping I mostly apply seem to
be between 15 and 25.

I know this isn't a perfect test, none is, but I already made these test for
myself and want to share them with the world. The figure that I've got seems
to confirm my subjective feeling about some lenses.

kind regards,
Pascal.