peso drain grate

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 1 14:32:31 EDT 2009

From: Boris Liberman
> Larry Colen wrote:
>> > These other two are from the dozen or so I took of the grate, with
>> > different composition and focus points in the camera:
>> > Color:
>> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/3969755144/
>> > B&W
>> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/3969753436/

> Well, I wasn't speaking about the "rule", rather of my perception.
> Though of course the rule is probably some kind of generalization of
> perception of many people.
>
> The second photo is better w.r.t. the rule  ;-) . And I prefer the color
> version.

"They" say "Rules are made to be broken" ... that's why I put "rule" in
quotes.

But, I was also taught that when you're going to break a "rule", you
ought to have a reason, one you can explain, even if only to yourself,
what you expect to achieve by breaking the "rule".

The "rules" are a starting point ... like, you got to have a box before
you can think outside of it.