Cokin polarizer delaminated

Luiz Felipe luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br
Thu Oct 1 13:14:55 EDT 2009

P. J., I dropped one loong ago, before the days of circular polarizers -
and it delaminated some right after the impact, but stopped despite
being kept in a drawer for 12+ years. Found it in january, still looking
the same - just a semi circle delaminated radiating from the ding in the
border.

Moisture is a problem - but the pesky filter was stored with silica,
along a lens and some other bits and filters and the rest is looking the
same as before. The BH pair - circular polarizers, 52 & 58mm - is
outside, in the bag since before the P adapters were released and is
still perfect.

Not a huge setback, but annoying. I'd rather understanding, so it
doesn't happens again.

lf

--
Luiz Felipe