Blues GESO- Paul Rishell & Annie Rains

Charles Robinson charlesr at visi.com
Thu Oct 1 09:44:30 EDT 2009

On Sep 28, 2009, at 19:15, Michael Beacom wrote:

> Pictures of a top drawer Blues duo, in a tiny venue- Archie's
> Barbershop. (http://www.acousticblues.com/)
> There were something like 30 or 40 people- just about all the place
> can comfortably hold.
> All told, a great evening. I hope I was able to capture some of the
> flavor of the show.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/62343763@N00/sets/72157622467532792/

I was going to comment that it must have been very dark in there,
until I realized that you were shooting some of those motion-blurred
images at ISO 1600 - and f/16!

I actually like some of the ones with the motion blur in 'em.  Puts a
little "zing" into it even though it lacks the sharpness that I
usually (for better or worse) push for.  I think especially with the
pretty bland overhead lighting you needed to do something to liven it
up.  Not a bad set.

  -Charles

Charles Robinson - charlesr at visi.com
Minneapolis, MN