GFM or bust

SJ pdml.live at gmail.com
Mon May 26 12:25:15 EDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 09:46:07 -0400
"Mat Maessen" <tomatoe333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/26/08, SJ <pdml.live at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  it seems to be that time of the year again when everyone is
> > heading for the mountains. starting may 31, a couple of us are
> > riding out from new delhi on a 5000-km, three-week motorcycle ride
> > through the Indian himalayas, across spiti and ladakh.
>
> Wow. Take lots of pictures.
>
> I've seen a couple of ride reports from folks over on www.advrider.com
> about similar trips in the Himalayas. There is no terrain anywhere
> else in the world that looks like that.

hi Mat,

went there in july 2006 (the 'roads' are open only for 4 months in a
year, rest of the time they are closed because they are under 60-70
feet of snow). and like you say, nothing like it anywhere else, except
perhaps tibet on the other side of the border. from what i have seen on
advrider, the terrain (and the culture) is the same.

lots of us indian bikers on advrider. really enjoyed metaljockey's

have lots of photos from my previous 2006 ride but it was a p&s. will
try and get some decent photos this time with the k10d/16-45mm..

regards, subash