B&W conversions and monitor temp

pnstenquist at comcast.net pnstenquist at comcast.net
Sun Apr 13 12:27:14 EDT 2008

I agree wholeheartedly with what Godders said. I've printed on the R2400 with several Epson papers -- ultra premium luster, premium semigloss, velvet fine art, and enhanced matte (which has a new name) -- and have never seen a color cast. The R2400 is a great BW printer. The key to success is what Godders explained in brief earlier: a setup that allows PhotoShop or Lightroom to control the printing. He helped me set up my printer several years ago, and the results have been beautiful ever since. Thats true even though other aspects of our setups don't match. My monitor, for example, is set to Gamma 2.2 and I use Adobe 98 color space for printing. But the details aren't critical. The workflow is what counts.
Paul
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <godders at mac.com>