DA* 16-58/2.8 and the flat focus problem

pnstenquist at comcast.net pnstenquist at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 19:56:46 EDT 2008

I think the DA* 16-50/2.8 is an aberration. All my other lenses check out quite nicely. Some adjustment dials them in more precisely, but they're all within acceptable range. Apparentlly there's some problem involved in the manufacture of the DA* 16-50 that sometimes results in a plane of focus that's not uniform. That's a different kind of problem than front focus or back focus. It can't be corrected with the controls or even with normal service procedures. That being said, I'm not sure that a lot of shortcuts aren't being taken in manufacturing these days.
Paul