One lens only...

Brian Walters supera1000 at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 8 08:43:36 EDT 2008

I guess it depends a lot on what you want to photograph.

I agree with Dave - if landscape is what you're after, 21 and 24 mm are
both a bit limiting. If you don't want to take a zoom, then I'd be
looking at the 14 mm DA - I haven't used it but a few people on the list
love it - wish I could afford one :-(>

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney, Australia

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:57:54 +1000, "Peter McIntosh" <petergly at gmail.com>
said:
> Hi guys,
>
> My wife and I are off to the south island of NZ in September for a couple
> of
> weeks.  I want to travel light, and am considering taking just one -
> prime -
> lens for my ist-DL.  Trouble is, I'm not entirely sure what focal length
> take. I'm currently drawn to something around 24mm, due to its similarity
> 35mm on film. I must admit I like the physical size of the DA 40mm, but I
> think that might be a little bit "long".  I reckon 21mm might be a bit
> wide,
> but a standard 50 will definitely too "long".
>
> Soooo... What focal length would you take? And why?
>
> Ciao,
>
> Peter in western Sydney

                          love email again