PESOs??

Derby Chang derbyc at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 8 05:54:31 EDT 2008

That totally nails it, Bob.

One other thing I'll note. On many many other photogroups, there are
fractally obtuse discussions about gear, which lens is sharper than
which, what is a better technique for noise reduction, who has the
uber-er camera. But when it comes down to showing their results, I could
ask my 2 year old nephew to take a more inspiring photo.

PDML is different because the photo is the thing. Not all PESOs are
knockout, of course (myself included), but at least we haven't lost
sight of the aim of the game.

Might I also add, on many other lists, the standard of wit, grammar and
grace is several orders of magnitude lower than on this.