PESO: Last Apples

Mark Cassino mcassino at chartermi.net
Mon Jan 15 19:19:48 EST 2007

There is a nice luminous feel to the light and the apples are well
presented, but the contrast is too great and the shadows too deep to my
eye. It's a matter of taste, but if you pull it into Photoshop and give
the shadows a healthy whack in adjustments->shadows and highlights you
can make the light really sing.

It's probably bad manners to adjust someone else's photo, but just to
illustrate the point:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/apples.jpg

Probably be a good idea to burn in the upper right corner if lightening
it so much.

Good eye to see the shot!

- MCC

Rick Womer wrote:
> The last apples of the season, at the local farmer's
> market in mid-December.

> ist D, FA 16-45, ISO 200, 1/750 at f/8, RAW, minor
> adjustments in PE4.
>
> Comments most welcome.
>
> Rick
>
> http://www.photo.net/photos/RickW