Strange 360FGZ behaviour with K10D

Bruce Dayton bkdayton at daytonphoto.com
Tue Jan 9 18:18:49 EST 2007

My understanding and usage of A mode is that there is a sensor on the
flash that is used instead of the one in the body.  The flash can be
set to any parameters that you want, independent of the body.  This
allows you to control the flash as you want.  It lets you do fill
flash by telling the flash that it is brighter than it really is.

So although it initially reads the ISO the body has set, it can be
overridden.

It sounds to me that your flash is working as it is supposed to.  I
have had 2 AF360FGZ's for several years and they have been working all
along.  They work exactly as you describe on the K10D.  Basically you
either live with P-TTL mode and flash settable compensation, or you
switch to A or M and control the flash as you like.

--
Bruce